Naval Hospital Now Providing H1N1 Vaccination to below patients:
* All Infants aged 6 months to 35 months (they need two doses)
* Children aged 3 years to 18 years (we have both inactivated (Injectable) and attenuated nasal mist)
* Parents and care givers of infants (we have both inactivated (Injectable) and attenuated nasal mist)
* Pregnant women (OB must screen all OB patients prior to vaccination)
* Individuals with chronic health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, COPD and neurologic conditions or who are immune compromised (ie. On prednisone). (We have the inactivated (Injectable) vaccine for this group.)
* Healthcare workers
We are NOT vaccinating large numbers of Healthy Adults or the elderly at this time unless they are in one of the above groups. As always providers may use their best clinical judgment.
Active duty with immanent deployment orders will also be vaccinated by
either the Preventive Medicine Department or their perspective BAS.
For questions, please call CDR Carol Grush at 830-2626 or the Preventive Medicine Techs at 830-2002.